- What personally identifiable information is collected through the website;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information, and request to be forgotten.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When donating, ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other relevant details, which we collect to help you with your experience. We may also collect information you have shared, such as general feedback, comments, or questions and requests to receive periodic updates via our online e-newsletters or other means.
How do we collect information?
We collect information from you whenever you submit information to us, including making a donation, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter, providing your contact information such as email address, responding to a survey or marketing communication, or otherwise interacting with us or entering information on our site. We also collect certain information automatically, such as IP addresses, when you visit our website. See Internet Protocol (IP) Address below.
Why do we collect your information and how do we use it?
We only use your information in accordance with the law. This gives us the authority to use your data in relation to your participation in our organization and/or using our website. We use the collected data for various purposes, including:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To monitor usage of our website and make improvements in order to better serve you.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To communicate with you regarding your order, including sending you emails.
- To send you periodic emails regarding other products and services which may be of interest to you (which you may unsubscribe to at any time).
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To ensure compliance with a legal obligation.
- For any other purpose described when you provide information or with your consent.
Authorized release of information.
While we endeavor to provide the highest level of protection of your information, we may be legally required to disclose information in certain circumstances without your consent, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order. We comply with all applicable legal requirements.
How do we use donor information?
- We do not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
- This policy applies to all information received by us, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
- To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
- We may publish donor names to recognize donor support and they may be made available for viewing online. We honor requests from donors who prefer to give anonymously and safeguard such preferences along with stored donor contact information.
How do we protect your information?
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
All online donation transactions are handled by Payment Card Industry (PCI)-compliant vendors. PCI refers to the technical and operational standards that businesses must follow to ensure that credit card data provided by cardholders is protected.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
We use regular Malware Scanning
Our website is scanned by our third-party hosting provider on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
We collect an Internet Protocol (IP) address from all visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use to help us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
As with almost all websites, temporary log files are kept which identify some information about our visitors, including the IP addresses of machines that access the site. Our Web logs are not available to the public. These logs allow website administrators to see how many people visit, how many pages have been accessed, which pages are accessed most frequently, and which links are leading people to the site.
Standard logs (including ours) also track which pages are visited by each IP address. This information is important for us to have because it allows us to catch “denial of service” attacks (for example, individual computers accessing hundreds of thousands of pages per day). We take great care to make sure this information cannot be used to compromise the privacy and security of our visitors.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties.
We do use a number of third-party providers to host our website and constituent database, process donations, sell event tickets and merchandise, and manage our communications. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. All shared data is transferred and stored securely, in accordance with the privacy policies of each provider. We endeavor to work with providers with privacy standards that match our own, but in some cases, third-party providers collect more information on you than we do, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
California Online Privacy Protection Act
How can you review or change your personal information?
By emailing us at: email@example.com. We are also happy to delete your information from our database, in accordance with the “right to be forgotten.” However, we are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the storage or disclosure of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and/or the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. Should you become aware of anyone under the age of 13 years using our website please let us know.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click “unsubscribe” or email us.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliancy
How to Contact Us
Copyright (c) McKenna Academy 2022. All rights reserved.